Thursday, May 22, 2014

Pineapple Salsa

Pineapple Salsa

THIS IS MY ALL TIME FAVORITE FOOD, EVER! 

Yes, it's that serious. I just love this stuff. It is fresh, flavorful, spicy (if you want it to be... and I do, duh...), and absolutely beautiful to look at! The greatest thing about this dish is how versatile it is - you can serve this stuff on anything! I have had it on chicken tacos, fish tacos, shrimp tacos (I kinda like tacos, can you tell?)... I have stuffed it in quesadillas, sprinkled it on nachos, tossed it in salads, served it on top of chicken, you name it! It has never disappointed. Ever.  If you are lonely and need friends, bring this stuff to a party... its like crack. 


Okay, enough... here's the recipe:

Ingredients:

1 fresh pineapple, diced
1 red onion, finely diced
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 orange bell pepper, diced
1 jalapeño, diced (remove the membrane and seeds for less spice... I prefer the heat!)
1-2 handfuls of cilantro, roughly chopped (I use 2 handfuls because I'm a cilantro junkie, but one is just fine too)
Juice of 1 lime

Optional : I have really branched out a few times and have chopped up a mango or two to throw in this salsa. It tastes wonderful, but I just hate chopping mangoes more than just about anything... the rewards is just never worth the work. I finally decided to quit cussing fruit and I stick with pineapple only now. I don't miss the mango one bit! 


Chop. Chop. Chop. Dice. Dice. Dice.

That's pretty much all there is to it! Cut all ingredients into small, scoop-able, bite size pieces, sprinkle with the juice of 1 lime, toss in the cilantro and mix together. Its best to chill the salsa for at least 15-20 minutes before serving so that the flavors meld together, but it isn't necessary. 

That's it, that's all there is to it! You should probably go make this...like, now.  





2 comments:

  1. Thanks for putting this on here. Matt helped me with this last time he was here and we loved it. Now I have it written down so I can use it anytime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course! I am glad you all enjoyed it! This recipe is a little different than the one he used, but the majority of it is the same!

    ReplyDelete