Thursday, May 22, 2014

10 Day Water Challenge

10 Day Water Challenge


Fact: I do NOT drink enough water on a daily basis, despite boyfriend's best effort of buying me a super awesome Hydracoach water bottle (click to visit their website or purchase - they really are great)... Mine has somehow ended up with a hole in the straw part (probably because I held it with my teeth a lot...shhhh) so, I must order a replacement straw. 

Anywhoo... I want to share some of my findings with you. Boyfriend told me a while back that I should start drinking some ungodly amount of water (about 16oz), first thing in the a.m. This was not appealing to me, but I decided to research it anyway. I am sure that many of you have heard these things at some point. Just humor me, okay?

Here is a summary of what I learned about the benefits of drinking water:
  • First thing in the morning, it kick starts your internal organs
  • It re hydrates your body - something you desperately need to do after 8+ hours of sleep
  • It flushes toxins out of your body (duh..)
  • It boosts energy and helps you to focus and concentrate
  • It gives you the illusion of feeling full before meals, which causes you to eat less - hello, weight loss! (drink 1-2 glasses before eating to test this out)
  •  It improves your complexion by moisturizing and smoothing skin from the inside, out
  • It boosts your immune system
  • It can help with allergy troubles (BIG deal for me)
  • It aids in digestion
  • It keeps your joints lubricated to prevent sprains, cramps and other injuries
  • It is a natural headache reliever
  • Added bonus: It's cheap! 
Need anymore reasons to choose H20? I don't! 

So, here's my 10 Day Water Challenge: Every morning, for the next 10 days, I will force myself to drink 32 oz of room temperature water when I wake up. Including the 32 oz I drink in the morning time, I will also meet my Hydracoach goal of a  minimum of 70oz per day. This might not seem like much of a challenge for some of you, but I definitely don't get the daily amount of water that I need, so I am starting with this plan. I encourage you to do it with me and post the results! 

Here's what I hope to experience during my first challenge:
  • boosted energy levels
  • clearer skin
  • less allergy attacks
  • healthy weight loss
Other news: Mom swears by alkaline ("magic") water and boyfriend isn't sold on it... He's doing some kind of controlled experiment that involves bodily fluids and pH strips. Should be interesting...

Stay tuned for the results! Happy hydrating! 
XO, -K

No comments:

Post a Comment