Thursday, May 22, 2014

Oatmeal with Raisins and Strawberries

Oatmeal with Raisins and Strawberries



I'm keeping it simple and starting off my first post with one of my favorite breakfast meals, raisin and spice oatmeal with fresh strawberries. I'm sure you have already been told that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. I find it to be my most important meal for another reason... If i start my day off with a good, nutritious, substantial meal, I find that I am less likely to "go rogue" with my diet for the rest of the day. I usually enjoy this with 32 ounces of water (gotta stay hydrated!)

While this breakfast meal might not be ideal for everyone, it works for me and I really enjoy it! I use instant oats so that it is a snap to prepare in the mornings, and I put it in a coffee mug so that I can take it with me on the ride to work. Super convenient. 

Here's the recipe:

1/4 - 1/2 cup of fresh strawberries, sliced

Pour both oatmeal packages in a microwave safe mug, use water and follow directions on the packet. (Double since you are using two packages).
Stir in or top with sliced strawberries.



No comments:

Post a Comment